Description du poste:
Do you have experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or DevOps engineer? Have you learned through experience how important it is to measure everything or, more importantly, how essential it is to monitor the right things? Are you passionate about improving how companies monitor their IT infrastructure? Then this position might be for you.
Join our R&D Engineering team and help us develop a very large, complex product using cutting-edge data technologies. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
For ten years running, we have been and continue to be the leaders in the Application Performance Market and beyond, because we create and develop a Software Intelligence solution that enables thousands of software companies to deliver the perfect user experience. Now, more than ever, software needs to work perfectly. With Dynatrace, you will make world-changing software.
About the role
The team you would apply for exists solely to help other companies monitor all their products and technologies for problems in their production environments, and to clearly identify those problems so their IT operations can seamlessly tackle the issues. To this end, we have built a platform for Dynatrace that provides a way for specialists (like you?) to continuously develop and add the right monitoring capabilities to Dynatrace so we can enable customers to monitor emerging and evolving technologies.
Are you an expert in any of the following domains: provisioning, CI/CD, Big Data, Cloud, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), streaming, databases, queues, security? Then Dynatrace could be a great place for you to create solutions that solve domain-specific customer problems.
There are many technologies in those domains, which is why we are building a dedicated team that can accept the challenge. The team will create the next set of plugins to broaden the spectrum of technologies we monitor and help our customers operate smoothly.
Does that sound like you?
Be aware that this is not a DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer position - there will be no "on call" and no emergency calls! In this position, you work to prevent such fires by developing the right tools.
What you'll be responsible for
- Research and prototype what technologies are the most needed and brainstorm with our product management team on what to choose next
- Research what is important for a given technology and define what should be the MVP plugin solution
- Drive cross-team collaboration to achieve the right solution for the customers
- Write the plugin in Python, and then test, document, and release it
- Win fame
Desired skills and experience
- Experience with and understanding of the challenges that enterprises face in the area of daily IT infrastructure operations
- Commitment to understand and monitor our customers' specific needs
- Demonstrated full-product thinking
- The desire to do a lot of comprehensive technology research to understand what is needed
- Developer experience in Python or other programming language (and if you aren't a Python expert, we would help you ramp up)
- Very good teamwork and interpersonal skills (in English: written and oral)
- Experience in giving presentations/talks would be a plus
We thrive on our skills and knowledge and act as a team of people where everyone can perform in their area of excellence. It is not in our DNA to hire smart people and then tell them what to do.
We want someone who is ready to work in a start-up-like situation in which they own development from idea to solution.