About the role
As a product company, we are looking for skilled, product-mindset, and independent Software Engineers really want to delve into performance and can focus on the value the product delivers to the customers. What do we mean by that? A product-driven gene is to constantly look for opportunities to improve, shape the product strategy and vision, and maximize the value while keeping innovation alive — if you like the sound of that, then Dynatrace is the place for you!
If Java is your thing, join our R&D Engineering team and help us develop a very large, complex product using cutting-edge data technologies. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact. At Dynatrace, we build our product with performance, scale, and security in mind. Do you like solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions? Then we’ve countless challenges for you, check the Top Challenges and see which on suits you most.
No matter what team you're on, your work at Dynatrace will be used by the biggest companies in the world, so your impact will be huge. You will make sure our product can ingest various data formats and present them to the user to deliver answers, not just raw data. You will validate your ideas and solutions with both internal and external customers. By contributing to the Dynatrace platform, you will create a very competitive product on the market.
Come join us and solve some of the most challenging technical problems on the planet!
You’ll be responsible for
- Participating in building the product roadmap
- Designing, implementing, and testing new features
- Advocating focus on performance, scalability, and security
- Continuously building upon and improving the Dynatrace product
- Resolving customer problems together with the support team
- Proactively improving product and code quality
- Help mentor more junior engineers
- Sharing knowledge
- Strong product mindset
- Solid foundation in object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms
- Solid Java knowledge, professional experience in development and architectural design
- Experience with test-driven development, clean code, design patterns, etc.
- Ability to perceive functionalities from a global end-to-end perspective
- Experience in developing distributed and multi-tier web applications
- Good English communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Great team-player skills
- Analytical thinking
Welcome additional skills.
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies (for example, AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum)
- Experience with Angular is a big plus
- Experience with newer Java standards
- Advanced Gradle/Groovy knowledge
- Familiarity with Artifactory, Jenkins, QuickBuild
- Experience with Maven, Ivy
- Experience with Python or GO
- Microservice architecture
- CI/CD approach
It is not in our DNA to hire smart people and tell them what to do. We thrive on our skills and knowledge and act as a team of people where everyone can perform in their area of excellence.